This issue covers return to office, Gen AI impact on talent strategy, 12 CHROs hired or promoted over the last 90 days, performance management, and new leader transitions.
- Return-To-Office Mandates Will Just Keep Getting Harsher as Bosses Stick to ‘Management by Walking Around’ | Fortune | Discusses studies suggesting that managers tend to underestimate the performance of remote workers.
- What Generative AI Means for Your Talent Strategy | Gartner Business Quarterly 3Q23 | Shares a framework for how organizations can assess the impact of AI on their talent strategies. Includes bonus resources.
- 12 Chief HR Officers Hired or Promoted Over the Last 90 Days | Brian Heger | I share my new PDF, which summarizes announcements of 12 CHROs who were appointed to their new roles between Aug-Oct 2023.
- Five Ways to Make One-on-One Meetings Between Managers and Direct Reports More Effective | MIT Sloan Management Review | Shares 5 questions to enable effective discussions between managers and their direct reports during one-on-one meetings.
- Transition Strategies to Overcome the High Cost of New-Leader Failure | People + Strategy | Provides a framework for facilitating smoother executive leadership transitions into a new role.
Also included are the 2023 Job Cuts and Layoff Tracker, Chief HR Officer Hire of the week, and more!