This issue covers performance management, skills-based hiring, becoming a skills-based organization, talent management and the Board, and the impact of AI on jobs.
- How Calibration Meetings Introduce Bias into Performance Reviews | Harvard Business Review | Shares ideas for mitigating bias during performance review calibrations.
- Competence Over Credentials: The Rise of Skills-Based Hiring | BCG and Lightcast | Highlights the shift towards skills-based hiring over traditional degree-focused recruitment.
- The Long but Rewarding Journey to Becoming a Skills-Driven Organization (SDO) | The Conference Board | Provides insights into determining if becoming an SDO is right for an organization.
- Talent Management: An Evolving Board Imperative | Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance | A new article on talent and workplace topics of interest to the Board. Includes 38 questions.
- Jobs of Tomorrow: Large Language Models and Jobs – A Business Toolkit | The World Economic Forum | A new 17-page white paper that explores the impact of AI on jobs.
Also included are the 2023 Job Cuts and Layoff Tracker, Chief HR Officer Hire of the week, and more!