This one-page PDF includes a playlist of five resources for enabling learning and development (L&D) in an organization. These resources include:
- 2023 LinkedIn Learning Report. This 52-page report dives into various L&D topics, including internal mobility, upskilling/reskilling, and career development, to name a few.
- The New Learning Environment by Gartner HR. This 42-page issue includes six articles dedicated to the opportunities and challenges facing the L&D function. And while this issue is focused primarily on L&D, all HR practitioners can benefit from the content as it covers areas related to the entire talent ecosystem.
- Intentional Learning in Practice: A 3x3x3 Approach by McKinsey. This article provides a “3x3x3 framework” that fosters intentional learning by encouraging learners to 1) define three development goals, 2) over a three-month period, 3) while engaging three other people to support them in those goals.
- Executing the CEO’s Agenda Through Targeted Learning by MIT Sloan Management Review. This article offers four actions for driving targeted learning, including measuring the impact of learning initiatives.
- Template for Auditing 6 Non-technological Barriers to Internal Mobility in an Organization | Brian Heger. I share a one-page editable template that provides talent practitioners with a simple way to identify if six non-technological barriers to internal mobility exist in their organizations.
The playlist has clickable links to all the source documents and a brief description of its contents. As a bonus recommendation, you should also check out one of the classic books on development published by the Center for Creative Leadership, Eighty-eight Assignments for Development in Place by Michael M. Lombardo and Robert W. Eichinger. This book is packed with developmental suggestions that are still very relevant today.